|Josh Millrod||SEO Resume||More Info||Contact||Blog|
New York Digital Strategist and Social Media Resume
Brooklyn, New York
I’ve worked with everyone from Brooklyn hipsters running a music magazine out of their apartment to some of the world's biggest brands. I wear a lot of hats and can manage a project from brief to awards show. I can be a one-man band (if need be), but also have experience collaborating with people from a wide range of disciplines.
Weiden+Kennedy | New York, NY/London, UK
April 2009 - Present
Clients: Nokia, Old Spice, Nike, ESPN, ABC Entertainment
- Developed campaign and brand messaging strategies for social and paid media
- Worked with creative teams during creative development for campaigns with digital assets
- Researched digital communities to identify influencers and develop/execute outreach strategies
- Created brand and campaign-specific best practices guides for social media usage
- Monitored online buzz to guide campaign maintenance strategies and assess effectiveness
thehappycorp global | New York, NY
May 2008 - April 2009
Clients: Old Spice, MoMA, baby gooroo, DataMotion
- Wrote strategy briefs and oversaw their execution for branding campaigns
- Managed social media campaigns on major and niche social networks
- Conducted SEO campaigns including keyword research, copywriting, coding and linkbuilding
- Tracked site performance using GA and developed strategies to optimize user experience
Strategy Consultant and Blogger
April 1984 - Present
- Currently write a monthly column on social media and SEO strategy for Search Engine Journal (one of Ad Age’s Top 10 Marketing Blogs)
- Developed social media and SEO strategies for ImposeMagazine.com
- Conducted an online reputation management campaign for an entrepreneur using social media channels and owned properties
- Maintain personal SEO/social media experiments that attract thousands of visitors monthly
MPG Inc. | New York, NY
August 2007 - May 2008
- Optimized copy and code of company website which doubled backend conversions and raised homepage conversions from 40% to 60%.
- Increased overall profitability by over 400% between August and November
Fanatical Marketing | New York, NY
June 2007 - August 2007
Clients: Sony BMG and UBL
- Researched potential online affiliates and coordinated outread for Sony's Musicbox video player
- Analyzed campaign effectiveness using Media Metrix
Drillteam | New York, NY
Marketing and Research Intern
June 2007 - August 2007
Clients: Target, Nestle, Virgin Mobile, Virginfest and Neimann Marcus
- Wrote copy for activities to energize online teams to promote products
- Researched target markets for new initiatives
- Prepared campaign PowerPoint presentations for clients
Girlie Action Media and Marketing | New York, NY
February 2007 - May 2007
Clients: Wu-Tang Clan, They Might Be Giants and Microsoft Zune
- Assisted with PR campaigns by writing and editing press releases
- Researched targets for press and marketing outreach.
I can say in all confidence, Josh will be one of the best assets for any company he works with. His versatility, both in actual copywriting and in his capacity for developing unique, powerful, and very useful business strategies, is incredible.
Within the first two weeks he was working for me, he increased our back-end conversion rate by over 200%... and that was before he had an intimate knowledge of our offer!
He is an excellent direct marketing copywriter for the Internet (sales letters, email blasts, etc.), creating sales letters that have converted as high as 15%.
And in the case that he has no experience in a specific skill, he can pick it up in no time at all. Believe it or not, I really don't have anything bad to say about him. Deciding to work with Josh is a no-brainer.
Mitch Van Dusen
Director Of Marketing
Manhattan Professional Group
Bachelor of Music in Trumpet Performance and Certificate in Journalism
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Graduated December 2006